What We Do
- Concentrates its activities in areas of high need and opportunity.
- Builds collaborative relationships with individuals, community organizations, schools, colleges, government agencies, funders, and policymakers.
- Helps those who work with youth strengthen their practice and integrate their experience with theory and research. We also work with researchers to integrate their findings with the experience of practitioners.
- Reaches across all the youth sectors—education, community organizations, government, and philanthropy—to identify and build common approaches in education, out-of-school-time programs, and other youth-serving fields.
- Applies multiple strategies and engages at multiple levels to increase the ability of communities and organizations to offer high quality youth services. These strategies include:
- Data collection and application for program improvement
- Program planning and development
- Staff training
- Partnership development
- Network development and support
- Structured site visits
- Organizational and leadership development
- Creation and dissemination of tools and materials
- Support for policy improvements